Compassionate Consulting – Victoria, B.C.
Compassionate Consulting is multi-sectoral consultancy owned and operated by Philippe Lucas with a focus on the following services:
- Strategic policy planning and development.
- Public health, substance use and addictions social and clinical research.
- Court expert testimony on cannabis and drug policy-related court matters.
- Food security events and initiatives.
- Medical cannabis access issues, research strategies, and business development.
Current projects include:
- planning and coordination of 15 expert panels on cannabis regulation throughout BC for Sensible BC’s referendum initiative;
- initiating a new 18,000 sq. ft. food-centered Public Market in Victoria for Townline Development and the Victoria Downtown Public Market Society.
Past projects include:
- coordinating and acting as co-investigator in an observational study examining the potential of ayahuasca-assisted therapy to treat addiction and compulsive behaviours;
- acting as Primary Investigator in a four site survey protocol examining “substitution effect” and associated harm reduction in medical cannabis users in British Columbia.
- designing research protocols addressing substance use and addiction;
- providing research assistance and drafting medical cannabis policy documents for the Greater Victoria Housing Society;
- working with the Israeli Ministry of Health on Israel’s medical cannabis program;
- supplying expert opinion for a number of court challenges focused on cannabis production, distribution and medical use;